The Importance of Volunteers Like YOU!
This page contains many upcoming volunteer opportunities. Some are one-time events, others may ask a longer commitment. We wouldn’t be able to implement or sustain events and programs we provide for the Keller community without volunteers. We’re lucky to have over 450 students and therefore such a large community of potential volunteers! If you haven’t volunteered this year yet, please consider giving your time to any of the events listed. Your kids will thank you for it!
Mom 2 mom sale
Keller is hosting a Mom to Mom sale on April 14th. We need volunteers on Friday night and Saturday to help make this a great event. Sign up here.
Volunteers are needed on Friday evening to host game night. View the Unplugged week page for more info.
2018-2019 EXECUTIVE Board
We are looking for a few great PTA members to be on the Executive Board next school year! The PTA’s Executive Board sets the tone of the PTA by creating goals for the upcoming year and transacts necessary business in the intervals between association meetings.
The openings and brief job descriptions listing the open positions’ main duties are listed below. For the full descriptions, please review them in the PTA Bylaws.
Dad Vice President
• Act as aide to the president
• Perform the duties of the president in the absence or inability of that
officer to serve
• Collect and preserve in the history books of the association
• Keep an accurate record of the minutes of all meetings of the
association and executive board
• Have a current copy of the bylaws
• Secure a membership list from the Membership Chair as needed
• Conduct the correspondence
• Keep a full and accurate account of receipts and expenditures
• Make the disbursements as authorized in accordance with the budget
• Have checks signed by two authorized persons
• Present a financial statement at every PTA meeting
• Act as an advisor to the president and is a member of the elected board
Be a risk-taker! If you would like to make a difference on our awesome PTA or have any questions about these positions, please contact a member of this year’s Nominating Committee before April 30, 2018.
Sally Gilreath, email@example.com; Andrea Hanley, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Laura Stankiewicz email@example.com
Open PTA Committee Chairs & Descriptions for 2017-2018
Be a risk-taker! Please contact Michelle Vinluan firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest, or find out more, about the positions listed below.
• Keller Marquee (Chair needed): The chairperson updates the school information/important dates on the sign outside of the school on a biweekly or as needed basis.
• Unplugged Week (two Co-chair needed!): For one week in January (or a different month to be determined by co-chairs) families are encouraged to go “unplugged” by omitting TV, video games and computers. The chairperson(s) will send information home, set up “unplugged” events for each night (e.g., nature night, gym night at the school), determine prizes for students who complete the challenge and deliver prizes.
• Fun Fair (one Co-chair needed!):