The Importance of Volunteers Like YOU!
This page contains many upcoming volunteer opportunities. Some are one-time events, others may ask a longer commitment. We wouldn’t be able to implement or sustain events and programs we provide for the Keller community without volunteers. We’re lucky to have over 450 students and therefore such a large community of potential volunteers! If you haven’t volunteered this year yet, please consider giving your time to any of the events listed. Your kids will thank you for it!
Scholastic Reading Counts
Click here for more information on volunteering for the SRC program.
trunk or treat
We are looking for volunteers to help set up, direct car traffic, collect candy, run candy to cars, facilitate games/car voting, serve food & drinks, clean up and of course decorate their vehicle's trunk and pass out candy!
Trunk or Treat will be held in our school parking lot on Friday, October 27th from 6:30-8:00pm.
Fall Book Fair
The Wild West book fair will be open in the Media Center from Monday, October 23rd through Thursday, October 26th from 3:30pm-4:45pm and on Friday, October 27th, during Trunk or Treat from 6:00-8:00pm.
The PTA is also looking for some volunteers to help before, during and after the book fair. Please consider giving us a hand and signing up to volunteer for a task or two. Click here to volunteer.
Open PTA Committee Chairs & Descriptions for 2017-2018
Be a risk-taker! Please contact Michelle Vinluan firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest, or find out more, about the positions listed below.
• International Food & Fun Festival (one Co-chair needed!): The much-loved event, which includes food and fun from around the world, is held on the same night as the Silent Auction. The chairperson(s) will send home information, acquire food and entertainment (which includes games, music and performances), secure volunteers for the event, set up and clean up.
• Keller Marquee (Chair needed): The chairperson updates the school information/important dates on the sign outside of the school on a biweekly or as needed basis.
• Reflections (one Co-chair needed): The PTA Reflections Program provides opportunities for students to express themselves and to receive positive recognition for their artistic efforts. The chairperson(s) will make posters promoting the program, send information home and collect all the submissions. Anonymous judges will decide the winners in each category and submit the winners to the state level.
• Silent Auction (Chair needed): This is a very important fundraiser that is held on the same night as the International Food & Fun Festival. The chairperson will organize volunteers to solicit businesses for donations, catalog all items, send information home, secure volunteers for the event, set-up, monitor the auction, deliver winning bidders merchandise, handle all monies and clean up.
• Unplugged Week (two Co-chair needed!): For one week in January (or a different month to be determined by co-chairs) families are encouraged to go “unplugged” by omitting TV, video games and computers. The chairperson(s) will send information home, set up “unplugged” events for each night (e.g., nature night, gym night at the school), determine prizes for students who complete the challenge and deliver prizes.
• Fun Fair (one Co-chair needed!):