Oakland Mall's "Will Your School Rule?"
Concept: Oakland Mall wants to put cash in your school's pocket witht he “Will Your School Rule?” Contest.
“Will Your School Rule?” is an incentive program designed to benefit local schools through cash awards. Students, families, friends, and educators are all encouraged to shop Oakland Mall and apply their receipts to their favorite participating school. Schools will receive one point for every dollar spent at Oakland Mall. Additional bonus points can be earned by promoting the program at your school. The school with the highest point total at the end of the program wins the grand prize, cash!
Shoppers simply make a purchase at any store or restaurant at Oakland Mall during the program dates, October 1, 2012, thru March 31, 2013. Schools will receive credit points when they bring their original receipts to the Oakland Mall Information Center located on the lower level of the shopping center near JCPenney. A Customer Service Representative will record the purchase, stamp the receipt, and return the receipt to the shopper before they leave.
1st Place - $5,000
2nd Place - $2,500
3rd Place - $1,250
4th Place - $650
5th Place- $600
“Will Your School Rule?” Official Rules:
- Customers can only use Oakland Mall store or restaurant receipts toward Will Your School Rule.
- Receipts must be recorded within 30 days of purchase.
- Receipts must be dated from October 1, 2012, through March 31, 2013.
- Schools must reach a minimum point balance of 5,000 by December 31, 2012. Schools that do not obtain the minimum point balance will be terminated from the program.
- Receipt total, including tax, is eligible for credit.
- Store gift certificate and gift card purchases are not eligible for credit, but purchases paid for by gift certificates and gift cards are eligible for credit.
- Soliciting/collecting of receipts on mall property is prohibited including but not limited to employees working within Oakland Mall.
- Participating schools are credited one (1) point for every dollar of valid store receipts unless otherwise specified by Oakland Mall.
- Any one who intentionally abuses the program will have their school terminated from the program and the school will not be eligible to receive a cash prize.
- Schools will be eligible to receive up to 1,000 bonus points per month for their promotional efforts made to advertise the program. For example, placing the “Will Your School Rule?” logo in a newsletter, signage about the event, etc. Schools will need to provide proper documentation such as, photographs or samples of their efforts. Documentation must be received within 30 days of the month it was used. Schools will be allowed to earn a maximum of 1,000 bonus points monthly. Number of bonus points awarded is up to the discretion of Oakland Mall Management. Multiple advertising efforts will increase chances of receiving full bonus points.